Friday 3 February 2012

Chalk - will it harm you?

I've noticed recently that since I've started using Metolius super chalk that my skin is more dry and I'm more susceptible to having nail bed problems. I posted a query on ukbouldering asking for advice on this, which can be seen here:

http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,19454.0.html

It seems from other peoples replies that the super chalk does cause dry skin problems due to the drying agent that is added to the chalk, which I now think may be a reason to the nail bed lacerations.

The chalk I was using, was this metolius chalk:



I've decided to revert back to the chalk I used to use which is the C.A.M.P. climbing chalk. I've never used to have skin problems with this, so hopefully I'll see how it goes with the new-old chalk and post an update.

No comments: