Friday 2 December 2011

New training record.

So after an undiagnosed back injury sustained from indoor bouldering, I'm now trying to get fit again while keeping my back strong and un-injured. I noticed my main back pain was resulting from climbing on problems that were more than 30' overhanging. So I decided to start training on slabs/vertical walls, doing lots of core work and doing a lot more campus boarding (it doesn't hurt my back).

This blog is basically going to be a diary of my current training regime day by day, I'm fortunate in being able to train 6 days a week and having free access to a couple of climbing centres with awesome facilities.

My background is that I'm now 21, I've been climbing since I was about 14/15 years old and have only recently in the past 2-3 years managed to start getting better, I've currently hit a plateau and I'd ideally like to be climbing font8a by next year (New years resolution...). I'm currently climbing v8+ indoors, font 7b/7c outdoors and I haven't sport climbed for a long time, so should probably get back into that!

I also have a horde of Scarpa Booster climbing shoes, because they're awesome and Scarpa stopped making them for some crazy reason.

No comments: