Saturday 21 January 2012

Week catch-up.

I've been a bit busy this week, so haven't had time to update, here's what's been happening:

Tuesday 17/01/2012 Session

I headed to Craggy2 today and had a session of light bouldering up to about V6.During my previous session at Westview I slightly tweaked my wrist, which left a lump on my tendon sheaf in my wrist. This seemed to dissipate over the course of the week and has now left a slight lump.

Thursday/Friday 19th/20th January

I spent Thursday route setting down at Westway setting problems from V3-V5, we had received a set of brand new holds from Revolution, which had some really funky shapes and were very abrasive! I managed to set 7 problems over 2-3hours. On Friday I headed in and tested the problems and tweaked them to make them slightly easier. In the end there ended up being 2 very tricky slab problems, 2 overhanging problems and 3 vertical problems.

While setting I also realised that the pain I had been suffering in my wrist had completely vanished. So I decided to try out the weighted vest I had received the previous week. Overall I found climbing in it proved to be relatively easy, although jumping from the top of the wall certainly proves to be trickier!

Full training shall start again tomorrow, hopefully I shall evade the injuries!

No comments: